About the Tipton Main Street Association.
Promote and enhance the quality of life and stimulate vibrancy and vitality in our beloved downtown.
Making downtown Tipton the focal point for our community
The idea of formally creating a main street organization began in September of 2013. Fast-forward to today and we’ve had some major milestones.
Officially selected Tipton Main Street Association as the name of our organization
Became an official member of the Indiana Main Street.
Collaborated with local leaders to complete the mural on the site of the Diana Theater
Offically became a 501(c)(3)
Construction on The Alley project began
Meet our awesome board.
1) Create and maintain an interactive website that serves as an interface to the community, allowing for better communication with people, partners, and resources.
2) Create and compile a list of volunteers, members, and prospective individuals that wish to participate with the TMSA in some capacity.
3) Help each Committee and Subcommittee create, implement, and evaluate new member orientation that helps prospective individuals remain committed, excited, and engaged.
4) Work as an administrative liaison for the organization by supporting each committee with event planning and promotion, gathering volunteers, and working for the general success of TMSA.
1) Work with the City and Planning Director to clean up signage and buildings in the downtown, improving the aesthetics and perceived value of the downtown.
2) Work with the Façade Committee to target potential façade improvements that are congruent with the Design Committee and City’s design and aesthetic standards. The Chamber Building is a priority on this list.
3) Promote the banner use policy and set a standard for placement of TMSA banners that brand the organization throughout the year.
1) Utilizing the CreatINg Places Grant from the Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority, repurpose the alley way between the McNeal building and Subway into multi-purposed, public gathering space that will also function as a focal point for Main Street.
2) Work with the City of Tipton, Chamber of Commerce, and Economic Development Organization to create, implement, and monitor a rent abatement program that attracts and retains businesses to our downtown.
3) Work with the City and County of Tipton to creatively landscape and repurpose the public parking lot (east of the Courthouse) that better serve the functions held there and create a more public friendly atmosphere.
1) Create effective marketing plans for the major events (HeART, Tis the Season, etc) that help each committee reach target markets and new, potential audiences.
2) Work with the Organizational Committee to utilize social media that promotes TMSA events, happenings, and project that help generate support, both financial and volunteer.
3) Continue finding ways to ‘brand” TMSA that solidify the organization as an agent of pride and progress for the downtown City of Tipton.
1) Work with the City of Tipton to identify, plan, and complete at least 2 façade projects that enhance the overall aesthetics of the downtown as they relate to the Design Committee’s standards.
2) Collaborate with the Mural committee to plan, advise, and support new mural projects in the downtown and on future facades.
3) Continue to market and promote the façade program throughout businesses in the downtown to create excitement and urgency that fosters future private investment.